Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce. A recipe we picked up while living in Spain, lentil soup. This time done in the Dutch Oven with an American flare. Dutch Oven Cheesy Bacon & Eggs.
Break out your Dutch ovens, because it's time for some soups and stews. Hearty Spanish-Style Lentil and Chorizo Soup. Italy's ciambotta is a ratatouille-like stew chock-full of veggies that makes for a hearty one-bowl meal with nary a trace of meat. You can cook Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce
- It’s 4 of carrots, minced.
- It’s 1 of large onion, minced.
- You need 4 stalks of celery, minced.
- It’s 2 pounds of ground beef.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter or ghee.
- It’s 28 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 28 oz of can pureed tomatoes.
- Prepare 28 oz of water.
- You need 8 oz of dried brown or green lentils.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Crushed red pepper to taste.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 cup of milk or non dairy milk substitute.
The Dutch oven is about to be your best friend. These dishes will help you get dinner on the table in a flash, along with more food ideas and recipes at food.com. The pan drippings make a wonderful gravy. I didn't even need the horseradish sauce to enjoy this dish." These Dutch oven recipes are easy to make in a cast iron Dutch oven!
Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce step by step
- Melt butter and saute the minced vegetables on the stove top using an oven safe dish, like a dutch oven. Mincing the vegetables is easily done in a food processor..
- Once the veggies have developed some color and browning cook the ground beef enough to break it up. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Add all the remaining ingredients except salt and milk, stir to combine, and transfer to the oven with the lid slightly cracked..
- Bake for 2-3 hours, until lentils are tender. Check after 1.5 hours to see if it needs a little more water added due to evaporation..
- Stir in milk, salt and pepper to taste, and serve over vegetables, pasta, or rice..
Think bread, veggie broth Making the creamy white cheddar sauce is perfect in a Dutch oven. This homemade mac and A Dutch oven is a heavy cooking pot with a lid that's used for braising meat and making soups and. This vegan lentil meat sauce tastes so much like normal meat sauce you won't miss the meat at all! She told me there are a couple ways that make this vegan lentil meat sauce taste so meaty. First, baby bella or portobello mushrooms are a must for this sauce because they already have such.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…