Chicken Curry with Roast Beets.
You can cook Chicken Curry with Roast Beets using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Curry with Roast Beets
- Prepare 4 of chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of large red onions, cut in half and finely sliced.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of mild or medium curry paste.
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked beetroot.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of tin coconut milk.
- It’s 5 oz of baby leaf spinach.
- Prepare of Small handful of fresh cilantro leaves.
Chicken Curry with Roast Beets instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Pat dry the chicken thighs and place in a roasting tray and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 40-45 minutes or until the juices run clear when the thickest part is pierced with a skewer..
- Heat the olive oil in a medium, deep frying pan or sauté pan over medium-high heat and fry the onions for 8-10 minutes until softened. Add the curry paste and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring, then add the beetroot and stir to coat in the spice paste. Pour in the coconut milk and gently simmer for 10 minutes until thickened, then add the spinach and stir in to wilt..
- When the chicken has finished cooking, remove and discard the skin, then shred the meat using two forks. Add the meat to the curry and stir in any cooking juices as well. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Scatter the cilantro leaves over the top..
- Serving suggestion: serve with basmati rice or naan bread plus a dollop of plain yogurt or sour cream. Enjoy!.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…