Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce.
You can cook Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce
- You need of carrots, minced.
- You need of large onion, minced.
- It’s of celery, minced.
- It’s of ground beef.
- You need of butter or ghee.
- It’s of can diced tomatoes.
- It’s of can pureed tomatoes.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of dried brown or green lentils.
- It’s of bay leaves.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- It’s of Crushed red pepper to taste.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need of milk or non dairy milk substitute.
Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce step by step
- Melt butter and saute the minced vegetables on the stove top using an oven safe dish, like a dutch oven. Mincing the vegetables is easily done in a food processor..
- Once the veggies have developed some color and browning cook the ground beef enough to break it up. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Add all the remaining ingredients except salt and milk, stir to combine, and transfer to the oven with the lid slightly cracked..
- Bake for 2-3 hours, until lentils are tender. Check after 1.5 hours to see if it needs a little more water added due to evaporation..
- Stir in milk, salt and pepper to taste, and serve over vegetables, pasta, or rice..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…