Roasted root vegetables. While roasting any vegetable with just olive oil, salt, and pepper is great, I like to throw in one additional flavor element. Here, it's earthy, fragrant rosemary, which is a natural pairing with root. By Mark Bittman and Sam Sifton.
Toss the vegetables with the olive oil and salt to taste. University of Illinois Extension Health and Nutrition educator, Mary Liz Wright, demonstrates how to prepare and cook roasted root vegetables. Learn how to make Roasted Root Vegetables. You can have Roasted root vegetables using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted root vegetables
- It’s 1 of Chopped squash (butternut, acorn, etc).
- Prepare 5 of Baby Potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 of Sliced Red Onion.
- It’s 1 of Garlic Cloves.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 2 of Fresh beets.
Oven Roasted Root Vegetables are a quick and easy way to make your normal weeknight meals taste like they're special holiday meals. We're all used to roasted carrots as a side dish. Roasting root vegetables can make them irresistible even to the veggie-phobes in your family. For this recipe, experiment with these nutritional storehouses – turnips, rutabagas, beets and parsnips.
Roasted root vegetables instructions
- Turn oven to 425. Slice onion and garlic. Cube root veggies..
- Place all chopped items in baking dish then add olive oil, garlic, onion, salt and pepper into 1 dish. Mix well. Add beets to a seaparate dish otherwise it'll make all of the squash red..
- Bake for 40 mins or until tender. Serve as a side item or treat it as a main dish..
- ** you can add carrots, zuchini, baby potatoes or any other vegetables..
- *** Recipe picture contains beets,purple potatoes and garlic cloves in 1 dish and Butternut, parsnips, and baby red potatoes in another. Threw in a rosemary sprig with the squash dish..
This search takes into account your taste preferences. Roasted root vegetables are one of the easiest side dishes you can make. Toss garnet sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots, and beets in an apple cider vinaigrette and roast until tender and. Balsamic Roasted Root Vegetables with cumin and oregano make for an excellent healthy side dish loaded with antioxidants and Vitamins. This immunity-boosting dish goes well alongside virtually any.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…