Beef stew. Beef Stew calls for simple ingredients, but it's a stunner! With meltingly tender beef, you'll love the deep flavour of the sauce in this beef stew recipe. Economical and hearty, there's no better way to.
A stew is a combination of solid food ingredients that have been cooked in liquid and served in the resultant gravy. Ingredients in a stew can include any combination of vegetables and may include meat, especially tougher meats suitable for slow-cooking, such as beef, poultry, sausages, and seafood. Thick, hearty, classic beef stew recipes. You can have Beef stew using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef stew
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 lbs of stewing beef.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onions.
- You need 1/2 cup of peeled, chopped carrots.
- You need 1-2 cloves of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of red wine.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped rosemary.
- It’s 2 cups of beef stock (or mushroom stock – should be dark stock).
- It’s 1 cup of drained canned tomatoes whole tomatoes.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 cup of peeled diced parsnips.
- You need 1 cup of peeled diced turnip or rutabaga.
- Prepare 1 cup of peeled diced potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare of Sauce 2 tbsp olive oil 2 tbsp flour.
Get ideas for the slow cooker or stovetop, with tips and This beef stew is the ultimate, hearty, melt-in-your mouth comfort food of all, and so easy to make in the. Discover several ways to make beef stew recipes. Choose old fashioned, slow cooker and beef stew recipes with a twist from Food.com. During cooler months discover some new beef stew recipes.
Beef stew instructions
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Pat the beef dry and season well with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium high heat in the Dutch oven or a heavy skillet..
- Add beef to the Dutch oven or your skillet and cook the meat to Brown it on each side for approximately 4 minutes and set the beef aside in a separate bowl. Reserve any liquid in the skillet or your Dutch oven..
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the onions and carrots and cook until soft. Add the garlic and rosemary cook for another minute. Add the red wine and bring to a boil scraping any brown bits that may be on the bottom of your skillet or your Dutch oven..
- Add your stock, tomatoes and bay leaf and bring it to a boil. Return your reserved meat and any juices to your Dutch oven put the cover on and bake in the oven for an hour and a half..
- At the end of this time add the other chopped veggies, mix and cover. Bake again for another 45 minutes to an hour..
- Remove from oven and separate the meat and veggies from your liquid and put the liquid in a measuring cup you should have about two cups of liquid. Remove your bay leaf..
- To make your sauce, heat your oil in a heavy Skillet over medium heat. Add the flour and cook until the flour turns a nutty brown color for 4 to 5 minutes. Slowly add your reserved liquid and bring it to a boil. Reduce the Heat and simmer for approximately 5 more minutes until the liquid is slightly thickened (you want the liquid to cover the spoon). Toss the sauce with the meat and vegetables that you reserved earlier and season again with salt and pepper if necessary..
Try Donal's Irish beef stew or Mary's rich beef stew with mushrooms. The only question left is, dumplings or There's no nicer way to use up cheaper cuts of beef than in a warm, comforting stew. Beef stew is a cold weather essential. Read on to get all the hot deets on this ultra-comforting stew. I always found that beef stock gave soups and stews an oddly tinny flavor, and the good folks at I know this is one version of beef stew, though I'll confess that I think it's a particularly good one.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…