Shuba (Russian Layered Salad with Beets).
You can have Shuba (Russian Layered Salad with Beets) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shuba (Russian Layered Salad with Beets)
- You need 2 of Red beets.
- It’s 2 of Potatoes (medium).
- You need 2 of Carrots.
- It’s 1/2 of Red onion.
- Prepare 1 of Hard boiled egg.
- It’s 1 dash of Dill.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sea salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Coarsely ground black pepper.
Shuba (Russian Layered Salad with Beets) instructions
- Cut the leaves off the beets. Peel the carrots and cut in half. Put the beets, carrots and potatoes in the same pan and start cooking them in cold water..
- When the pan comes to a boil, turn the heat down to medium. In about 15 minutes the potatoes and carrots will be done, so take them out of the pan. Peel the potatoes..
- Boil the beets for another 10 minutes or so (until a bamboo skewer goes through them easily). Take them out of the pan, cut off the tough parts on the top and bottom, and peel..
- Either grate or roughly chop up the potatoes, carrots and beets. Finely chop the red onion, hard boiled egg and dill too..
- Layer half the red onion, potato, carrot and beets in a bowl in order. (The photo shows the carrot layer.).
- Spread half the mayonnaise evenly on top of the beet layer. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper..
- Repeat Steps 5 and 6, and finish by decorating the top with hard boiled egg and dill. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours (overnight if possible)..
- Serve the salad in the bowl, or slice as shown and serve..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…