Traditional Punjabi Sarson Ka Saag-Makki Ki Roti.
You can have Traditional Punjabi Sarson Ka Saag-Makki Ki Roti using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Traditional Punjabi Sarson Ka Saag-Makki Ki Roti
- You need of Mustard Greens/ Sarson.
- It’s of Spinach/ Palak.
- It’s of Radish Greens.
- You need of Bathua.
- You need of Fenugreek Leaves/ Methi.
- You need of Tomato Chopped.
- You need of Onion Chopped.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- Prepare of Garlic Chopped.
- Prepare of Green Chilli Chopped.
- Prepare of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare of Hing.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of For tempering.
- You need of Makki ka Atta.
- Prepare of homemade butter.
- It’s of Onion Finely Chopped.
- Prepare of Garlic Smashed.
- Prepare of For Makki Ki Rotis.
- You need of Makki ka Atta/ Corn Meal.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of vegetables oil.
- Prepare of butter.
Traditional Punjabi Sarson Ka Saag-Makki Ki Roti step by step
- Clean all the leaves and wash them thoroughly. One good way to wash your green is to fill a large pot with water. Dip your greens in water. Let it stay for a minute. All the impurities will settle down. Gently take out the leaves without disturbing the water. Repeat the process 2-3 times..
- Chop the greens and add them in a pressure cooker. Add tomato, onion, ginger, garlic, radish, green chilli, salt and a cup of water. Pressure cook for 20-25 minutes on low heat..
- Remove the pressure cooker from heat and let it cool. Once cooled, blend the greens in a blender to make a coarse paste or according to your own taste..
- Dissolve makke ka atta in little water and add it in the cooker. Add red chilli powder and hing and cook for 3-5 minutes..
- For tempering, heat ghee in a pan. Add onion and garlic and fry till golden brown.Add chopped tomatoes and sauté well till ghee separates..
- Pour the tadka over the saag..
- Add homemade butter..
- For Makki ki rotis….Mix makki ka atta, salt and vegetable oil in a bowl with your finger tips till everything is nicely combined. Add warm water and knead a soft dough. This dough will behave different than your regular wheat flour dough as their is no gluten in maize flour..
- Heat a griddle. Take a sheet of butter paper. Divide the dough in 8-10 equal parts. take one part of the dough and add a few more drops of water to it and knead once more for a few seconds..
- Keep the dough ball on the butter paper. Gently roll the dough in to 6-7 inch disc. Remove the butter paper and flip the roti on the hot griddle..
- Cook the roti from both the sides till brown spots appear.Cook from both the sides till nicely browned..
- Apply butter on top. Serve hot with white butter and sarson ka saag..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…