Christmas Mulled Wine Velvet Cake.
You can have Christmas Mulled Wine Velvet Cake using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Christmas Mulled Wine Velvet Cake
- Prepare of For the sponge.
- You need 225 grams of unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing tins.
- It’s 150 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 430 grams of dark brown sugar.
- You need 4 large of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 530 ml of mulled wine (the cheap, pre-made stuff from the supermarket).
- Prepare 400 grams of plain flour, plus more for flouring tins.
- Prepare 130 grams of Dutch cocoa powder (powder that has its acids neutralised, available in supermarkets).
- You need 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of table salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s of For the filling.
- Prepare 450 grams of mascarpone cheese.
- You need 135 grams of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground gloves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of orange extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
Christmas Mulled Wine Velvet Cake step by step
- Preheat your oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas mark 3. Line the bottom of two 23cm cake tins with parchment and butter and lightly flour the parchment and sides of the pans..
- In a mixer on medium speed, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy. Add the eggs, beat well, then the mulled wine and vanilla. Sift the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together, over the mixture. Mix with the machine until almost combined, then fold the rest together with a spatula..
- Divide batter between the tins. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. The top of each cake should be shiny and smooth. Cool on a rack. If your cakes have domed a bit, level the tops using a long serrated knife..
- In a medium bowl, beat the mascarpone with the icing sugar, pinch of salt, vanilla extract, orange extract and spices at medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy. Place the first cake layer on a cake stand or plate, and spread with half of the filling. Repeat with the second layers. Chill in the fridge until you're ready to serve..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…