Ever Popular Australian Tim Tam . :-* ..
You can have Ever Popular Australian Tim Tam . :-* . using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ever Popular Australian Tim Tam . :-* .
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of plain flour – sifted.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of good dutch processed cocoa powder.
- Prepare 200 grams of butter – chilled – cubed.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 250 grams of dark chocolate – chopped.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of icing sugar mixture – sifted.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extrac.
- Prepare 220 grams of milk chocolate – chopped.
Ever Popular Australian Tim Tam . :-* . instructions
- Place the flour , sugar , cocoa powder and 145grams of the butter together into a bowl or food processor and combine until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs ..
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the whisked egg and the milk and combine until dough comes together , then turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead dough until smooth . Now divide the dough in half , shape halves into 2 discs , wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes , till chilled and firm ..
- Now preheat your oven to 180°C / 360°F . Then line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside till needed ..
- Take the chilled dough discs and roll one disc between two sheets me baking paper until about 5mm thick , now using a 4cm – square cookie cutter , cut out squares from the dough (note if dough becomes too soft , refrigerate until firm) , repeat with second dough disc to make a total of 50 dough squares ..
- Place prepared dough squares onto prepared baking trays , 2cm apart , and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until dough squares are firm ..
- Once chilled , place baking trays of biscuits into the oven and bake , 1 tray at a time , for 8-10 minutes . Once cooked remove from heat and stand on trays for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely ..
- TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CREAM : place 50 grams of the dark chocolate into a heat proof bowl and microwave on high for 45 second bursts , stirring and each burst , until melted and smooth , cool for 5 minutes . In a separate bowl add the butter and icing sugar and beat till light and fluffy , then add the vanilla and the melted chocolate and stir to just combined (don't overbeat) ..
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of the cream filling mixture onto one of the little prepared square biscuits and top with another biscuit so to sandwich together . Repeat with all and refrigerate for about 20 minutes to chill through ..
- Place the broken up milk chocolate and the remaining broken up dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl and microwave on high 45 second bursts , stirring at each burst) until melted and smooth ..
- Set a wire cooling rack over some baking paper , now dip each side of the square filled sandwiches into the chocolate to cover all the sides , place on rack to set , repeat with all . Now place a spoonful of the melted chocolate into the tops of each side chocolate coated biscuit sandwich and leave on wire rack to set completely ..
- Once set turn chocolate coated biscuits over and repeat with chocolate to cover the bottoms , leave to set completely . Refrigerate for best results ..
- Once set , place on plate , serve and enjoy . 🙂 ..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…