Radish Kimchi. Kkakdugi is a type of kimchi made from diced radish. Radish kimchi is a kimchi made out of radish and its Korean name is Kkakdugi (깍두기). The name originates from kkakduk sseolgi (깍둑설기) in Korean.
After I finished high school in a small town of southern shore of Korea, I moved to Seoul. It was a long time ago but I clearly remember. Simple to make with authentic taste. You can cook Radish Kimchi using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Radish Kimchi
- You need 1 of Korean radish (sub turnip).
- You need 2 of Tbl. Salt.
- You need 3-4 of green onion (scallion).
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 3 Tbl of Gochujung.
- It’s 2 Tbl of medium hot red pepper powder (optional).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of Tbl. Sugar.
- It’s 3 of Tbl. Fish Sauce.
Called Seokbakji (섞박지) in Korean – so good it's addicting. This radish kimchi, made with gorgeous purple daikon radishes and vivid red Korean chile powder, is easy to make and a delicious fermented vegetable recipe that's packed with vibrant flavor. Kkakdugi is a kimchi made with Korean radish, mu (or moo). Simply cut the radishes into cubes, salt for a short time, and then mix with the seasonings.
Radish Kimchi step by step
- This is how big my radish is.
- Peel your radish, I just use a peeler.
- Now this kimchi is usually cut into Julian, or match sticks. But It also can be in half disks, that's how I like it. And I use my food processor, if you do, cut it into pieces that fit into your feed tube.
- The half disks look like this.
- And should be about 1/8 inch thick.
- Now add the salt to the reddish, and mix well. Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse your radish good, 4 or 5 times to get rid of the salt..
- Clean and chop your scallion, add to radish.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Add sauce to radish.
- Mix the sauce in, make sure it's all completely mixed.
- I put it in a container. If you like it to sour first, leave the container on a counter for a day up to 3. Place in Refrigerator. Maybe eaten right off, or after it ferments..
Radish kimchi is a dish made with radish, ginger, garlic, chili peppers, sugar, & salt. The eclectic mix of ingredients is then fermented in pots away from direct sunlight. A summer kimchi that is vinegary rather than spicy, dongchimi falls into the "white" or "water" category of the many different types of kimchi. Although dongchimi requires a few days of brining. Young radish kimchi is a very popular side dish in Korea, especially during summertime.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…