Fillet Steak with Roasted Beets and Zingy Cottage Cheese.
You can have Fillet Steak with Roasted Beets and Zingy Cottage Cheese using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fillet Steak with Roasted Beets and Zingy Cottage Cheese
- It’s of Beetroot.
- It’s of cooked beetroots (fewer if they're big).
- It’s of A sprig of fresh rosemary (or 1tsp dried).
- You need of A small handful of fresh basil leaves.
- It’s of red wine vinegar.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of Steak.
- You need of fillet steaks.
- It’s of Cottage Cheese.
- You need of cottage cheese.
- It’s of A sprig of fresh thyme.
- It’s of a lemon (zest and juice).
- Prepare of olive oil.
Fillet Steak with Roasted Beets and Zingy Cottage Cheese step by step
- PREHEAT the oven to 200C. Cut the beetroot into big chunks and place them in a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkel over the rosemary and season. Whack the tray in the oven for 30 mins, shaking it around every now and then..
- MEANWHILE, make a start on the cottage cheese. Put the lemon zest and juice in a bowl along with the olive oil and picked thyme leaves..
- Once the beetroot has been in for about 10 minutes, make a start on the steaks. First season them heavily with salt and pepper. Put a frying pan on a medium heat and melt together a knob of butter and a glug of oil. Once the oil is hot put the steaks in and cook them (4 minutes on each side will be medium, so do more or less depending on your taste. That assumes that the steaks are about 2cm thick, so again adjust as necessary if they're thicker or thinner). Once the steaks are cooked, wrap them in foil and leave them to rest in a warm place..
- A couple of minutes before the beetroot is done finish off the cottage cheese. Add it to the bowl containing the lemon, etc. and gently mix it in. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- When the beetroots are cooked, toss them in a bowl with the vinegar, oil, basil leaves and some seasoning..
- Plate up and enjoy! :).
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…