Roasted Roots with Herbs and Chicken.
You can have Roasted Roots with Herbs and Chicken using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Roots with Herbs and Chicken
- Prepare 2 pounds of whole chicken.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pound of rutabaga.
- It’s 1-1/2 pound of turnip roots.
- You need 1-1/2 of large onion.
- You need 1-1/2 pound of organic carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of marjoram.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tablespoon of summer savory.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt divided.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 stick of butter soften.
- It’s 2/3 quarts of chicken broth I used homemade unsalted.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
Roasted Roots with Herbs and Chicken step by step
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and chop the rutabaga place them on the bottom of roaster..
- Peel and dice the turnip roots add to top of rutabaga..
- Peel the carrots slice in two the big or long carrots and add. Sprinkle with salt about a third of it..
- Quarter the onion and add. Hollow out the center of roots. Salt the chicken inside and out. Add the chicken to the hollowed out spot of roots. Shove some of the butter under the skin of the chicken and add rest of butter to the roots, and cover everything with Herbs and spices..
- Cover the roaster and add to the oven. Cover and cook for an hour and a half. Uncover and finish cooking for half an hour..
- Separate the chicken broth 1/2 cup and the rest. Heat the larger amount of chicken broth..
- Mix the cornstarch and the half cup of chicken broth. Add salt to taste..
- Add the cornstarch solution to the boiling chicken broth stirring constantly till thickened..
- Pour the solution into the roots and chicken when chicken is done..
- Let rest for 10 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…