Corn pie a la carte.
You can have Corn pie a la carte using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Corn pie a la carte
- Prepare 5 of beets (beetroot).
- You need 6 of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 4 medium of sweet peppers of varying colour.
- You need 2 of sprigs parsley.
- You need 4 stick of carrots.
- Prepare 1 stick of kale.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 can of sweet corn (i used Green giant).
- Prepare 1 can of cream style corn.
- It’s 1 box of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soft table margarine/butter (low fat).
- It’s 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- You need 2 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
Corn pie a la carte step by step
- Bring sweet potatoes and beets to a boil..
- Slice sweet peppers lengthways. Finely chop parsley..
- Grate carrots and put aside in a bowl..
- Cut beets into squares of medium to small sizes but not large. Crush sweet potatoes and place both in a large bowl..
- Chop up kale as finely as you can. Ensure not to add the stalk..
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl adding the salt and black pepper to taste..
- Add sweet corn and cream style corn to bowl and mix..
- In greased dish add approximately half of mixture. Then add a layer of cheddar cheese and add all of the feta cheese..
- Add remainder of mixture and layer top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 190°C for 30-45minutes. Enjoy! :).
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…