Corn pie a la carte.
You can have Corn pie a la carte using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Corn pie a la carte
- You need of beets (beetroot).
- You need of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare of sweet peppers of varying colour.
- Prepare of sprigs parsley.
- It’s of carrots.
- Prepare of kale.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- You need of sweet corn (i used Green giant).
- You need of cream style corn.
- You need of evaporated milk.
- It’s of soft table margarine/butter (low fat).
- Prepare of crumbled feta cheese.
- It’s of grated cheddar cheese.
Corn pie a la carte step by step
- Bring sweet potatoes and beets to a boil..
- Slice sweet peppers lengthways. Finely chop parsley..
- Grate carrots and put aside in a bowl..
- Cut beets into squares of medium to small sizes but not large. Crush sweet potatoes and place both in a large bowl..
- Chop up kale as finely as you can. Ensure not to add the stalk..
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl adding the salt and black pepper to taste..
- Add sweet corn and cream style corn to bowl and mix..
- In greased dish add approximately half of mixture. Then add a layer of cheddar cheese and add all of the feta cheese..
- Add remainder of mixture and layer top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 190°C for 30-45minutes. Enjoy! :).
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…