Simple Chinese Dumpling Dough.
You can have Simple Chinese Dumpling Dough using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Chinese Dumpling Dough
- Prepare 180 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 20 grams of Strong bread flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of Beet sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 120 ml of Lukewarm water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Canola vegetable oil.
Simple Chinese Dumpling Dough step by step
- Add the cake flour, bread flour, beet sugar, baking powder, and salt to a bowl and mix with a whisk..
- Add 110 ml warm water to the bowl as well and mix with a spatula. When it's no longer lumpy, knead the mixture until it has a consistency that feels like an earlobe..
- If your dough feels too hard, wet your hand with the remaining warm water and knead. Repeat this until the dough reaches the right consistency..
- Add the canola oil to the mixture and continue to knead until blended..
- Gather the dough into a ball and place it in a bowl. Cover the bowl with cling film and let the dough rest for 10 minutes..
- Split the dough into 6 equal parts. Turn each piece out onto a dusted surface and use the palm of your hand to flatten it into a circle shape. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin until it has a diameter of 15 cm..
- Hold a piece of dough flat in your left hand and add 1 tablespoon of filling to the center. Wrap the filling with the dough, drawing the edges upwards..
- Lastly, pinch the top close and twist to seal..
- Put the dumplings in a steamer lined with cabbage or parchment paper and steam for 10 minutes.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…