Date Night Lamb Shanks.
You can have Date Night Lamb Shanks using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Date Night Lamb Shanks
- Prepare 2-4 of lamb shanks (Make sure your Dutch oven or heavy pot will hold that many).
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 1 of large onion (red, yellow, white… whichever you prefer).
- You need 10-12 of garlic cloves whole (don't chop smaller than 1/2 if prefered. They cook up sweet).
- Prepare 1 of Fresh rosemary chopped (about a palm full or two tbls).
- It’s 1 can of articokes (12 in a can)… I'll slice in half as well.
- You need 1/2 cup of pitted Kalamata Olives halved.
- Prepare 1 cup of basic tomato sauce **see my other recipe**.
- It’s 1 cup of Favored dry white wine (I like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc).
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
Date Night Lamb Shanks instructions
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Rinse/Pat dry lamb shanks and season liberally with salt and pepper. Using your large heavy bottom pan (Dutch oven/Cast iron pot) drizzle olive oil to coat bottom well (5-6 tbsp) over stove top at med heat. Sear shanks on all sides then remove from pot (set aside)..
- To same pot add onion, garlic, artichokes, and rosemary and cook until onions become translucent/soft. Then add olives, wine, sauce, stock and bring to a boil..
- Add the lamb back to the pot and submerge into the liquid atleast 3/4 in thickest part of shank submerged (add more stock/wine/sauce in equal parts if necessary). Cover tightly with lid and place into oven..
- Cook for 1 hr 45 min to 2 hrs turning shanks once half way through cooking time. I find 2 hrs is best. The meat falls off the bone. :).
- Remove from oven and serve! I plate some mashed potatoes or rice and sit the shank right on top and spoon all the goodness it cooked in on top!.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…