Chicken Farro in a Dutch Oven.
You can cook Chicken Farro in a Dutch Oven using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Farro in a Dutch Oven
- You need 1-2 of Chicken Breasts, diced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 Tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 1/4 Tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil, divided.
- It’s 1/2 of White Onion.
- You need 1 of Red Pepper Diced.
- Prepare 5 Tsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Saffron threads (optional).
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 2 1/2 Cup of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of Farro.
- It’s 1 Can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes.
- You need 6 of Green Olives, sliced.
- You need 1 Cup of Frozen Green Peas.
Chicken Farro in a Dutch Oven instructions
- Marinate the diced Chicken in Vinegar, pepper,, oregano, and salt for 20 minutes..
- Heat the Dutch Oven over a medium flame, cook the marinated diced chicken pieces 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken pieces to a plate..
- Add onion, peppers, and garlic to the Dutch oven pan, stirring often for about 10 minutes. Stir in Saffron (if using) cumin, oregano, 1 tsp salt, and cook for about a minute. Stir in chicken stock, farro and tomatoes. Increase heat to high, bring to a boil. Return chicken and juices to the Dutch Oven, reduce heat to medium / low, cover and cook for about 20 minutes..
- Stir in the sliced olives, and cook uncovered about 8 minutes, stir in the peas and cook about 3 more minutes, and serve..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…