Yaksik – Traditional Korean Sweet Rice.
You can cook Yaksik – Traditional Korean Sweet Rice using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yaksik – Traditional Korean Sweet Rice
- Prepare of mochi rice (sticky rice/glutinous rice).
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- Prepare of sesame oil.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of luo han guo.
- You need of beet sugar or brown sugar.
- You need of cinnamon.
- Prepare of peeled sweet chestnuts.
- You need of pine nuts.
- You need of Dates or other dried fruits.
Yaksik – Traditional Korean Sweet Rice instructions
- Rinse the mochi sticky rice and pre-soak overnight or for at least 5 hours..
- The following day, drain it in a fine mesh sieve..
- Add to the rice cooker bowl and add enough water to just cover..
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, sugar, luo han guo and cinnamon. These amounts are will give you the typical Korean flavor (rich!), so reduce the amounts of the seasons for a milder version..
- While the rice is soaking, prepare a bowl or a container to mix the other ingredients. It is common to add chestnuts, pine nuts, and jujubes, but you could also use dried fruit and nuts..
- Dry roast the pine nuts in a frying pan..
- Cut the chestnuts in half, then remove them from their shells. It is easy to peel the chestnuts if you first cut them in half with a knife, make a small cut with scissors, then peel. Remove the inner skins, too..
- Add the dried fruit of your choice to the rice cooker and mix them into the rice. Top the mixture with the chestnuts and the pine nuts. Set the rice cooker to the "mochi rice" setting and cook..
- It's done….
- Let the rice steam a bit. It should look like this when mixed..
- Pack the sweet mochi rice into a container or cake pan (to make it easier to serve)..
- Cut the rice into desired sizes, then serve..
- If you don't plan to serve it right away, cover it with plastic wrap and freeze. Defrost at room temperature before serving..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…