Dutch Oven Hungarian Goulash.
You can cook Dutch Oven Hungarian Goulash using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dutch Oven Hungarian Goulash
- You need 2 lbs of beef chuck roast (or chuck eye roast).
- It’s 1 of large yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz) of fire roasted diced tomatoes (undrained).
- You need 1 box (4 cups) of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of chopped carrots.
- You need 3 cups of baby Yukon gold potatoes, cubed.
- You need 1/4 cup of paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds.
- You need 2 teaspoons of dried majoram.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 of heaping teaspoon all purpose flour.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
Dutch Oven Hungarian Goulash instructions
- Sear the meat for 1 min 30 seconds on each side and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine paprika, caraway seeds, salt, black pepper, and flour in a large plastic zipper bag. Add cubed meat to the bag, close, and then shake to coat..
- In Dutch oven over medium heat, sauté the onion in the olive oil for about 4 minutes. Add garlic to the pot and sauté another 30 seconds or so..
- Add entire contents of meat shaking bag to the pot, and cook, turning occasionally until meat is browned..
- Add chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, and canned tomatoes (including the juices) and stir. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for one hour..
- Add the baby carrots and potatoes and stir. Cover and cook on low for one hour..
- Add chopped bell peppers and stir. Cover and cook another 30 minutes or until meat and vegetables are fork tender..
- Serve with fresh French bread and enjoy!.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…