Lentil soup. Lentil soup is a soup based on lentils; it may be vegetarian or include meat, and may use brown, red, yellow, green or black lentils, with or without the husk. Dehulled yellow and red lentils disintegrate in cooking, making a thick soup. It is a staple food throughout Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Lentil soup is a classic vegetarian soup recipe. It's hearty, healthy, delightfully filling (with plant-based protein), and warming on those cold, wintery days. While there are many variations of lentil soup. You can have Lentil soup using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentil soup
- It’s 1.5 cup of green lentil.
- You need 1 quart of broth.
- It’s 1 of medium Vidalia onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of small fresh pablano.
- Prepare 3 of small jalapeños.
- You need 2 of cayenne peppers.
- Prepare 3 of medium red potatoes.
- You need 2 of medium turnips.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- Prepare of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s of juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 4 TSP of fresh oregano.
- It’s 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of turnip greens.
Lentil Soup Recipe Video – Dal soup by Bhavna. EASY Lentil Soup w/ Sun-dried Tomatoes & Spinach Recipe Lentils are coupled with vegetables for this family-friendly lentil soup. Topped with spinach and a splash of vinegar, this is the perfect weekday dinner.
Lentil soup instructions
- Chop onion and add to hot pan with EVOO and oregano. Sweat down and add hot peppers and garlic..
- Add a little stock and cook through.
- Separately cut potatoes and turnips into cubes. Soak in water 20 min to cut starch.
- In separate pot, add lentils, rinse through and pour out water. Then add 3 cups water and heat to boil. Turn off heat and set aside..
- Once base is ready add more stock, drain and add potatoes and turnips. You can use vegan or chicken stock..
- Once everything is in pot, add the turnip green and leave to simmer for 1.5 hours..
- Add cream and cook for another 1/2 hour. Add water as needed if it cooks down to much. You can skip cream if you are vegan..
- You can cut anything you don't like, like hot pepperd etc. Serve delicious soup!.
Lentil soup is a culinary wonder. It's creamy without any dairy, satisfying and protein-packed without any meat, and easy to make from a handful of kitchen staples. Whether you want lentil soup with bacon or tomatoes, these hearty recipes for lentil soup are perfect comfort food. Jump to the Lentil Soup Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. The first time I had lentil soup I wasn't really expecting to like it.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…