Cornbread – Dutch oven skillet. Whether serving up a bowl of chili or your favorite BBQ, this Skillet Creamed Corn Cornbread is the perfect compliment to your meal. Grandma's recipe and how to bake it. This Dutch Oven Cornbread is perfect for fall camping trips!
I tried a Dutch Oven Cornbread recipe this afternoon and it turned out delicious. Here is the recipe with instructions on how to make it at home. Big, black cast iron skillets on a stove, with bacon fat drained off to save money, to be reused during cooking. You can have Cornbread – Dutch oven skillet using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cornbread – Dutch oven skillet
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter milk.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- You need 3 tbsp of melted butter, cooled slightly.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter for the pan.
- You need 2 tbsp of canola oil.
Skillet Cornbread can literally go with every meal in the day! If you have a lid for your cast iron pan (or a dutch oven lid that also fits your skillet), use it! I grew up with skillet cornbread as part of our weekly dinner rotation. My mom even occasionally made a batch for breakfast and we ate it soaked in milk My recipe for skillet cornbread falls somewhere between the two: I use a combination of cornmeal and flour for a tender texture, but the batter is.
Cornbread – Dutch oven skillet step by step
- Place a 10" cast iron skillet on middle rack in oven and preheat to 425°F..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda..
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, buttermilk, eggs, 3 tablespoons melted butter, and canola oil..
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients and whisk until completely combined..
- Using pot holders, carefully remove hot pan from oven..
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in skillet and swirl to completely melt and coat inside of pan..
- Pour in cornbread batter and place in oven. Bake until skewer inserted into middle of cornbread comes out clean, about 20 minutes..
- Let bread cool in pan for 5 minutes, then carefully turn out to wire rack and let cool an additional 10 minutes..
- Serve immediately. Reheat any leftover cornbread before serving again..
This is the only way I will make cornbread now. This is her recipe with a few tweaks of my own. Its great hot,right out of the oven, with butter and honey. Artisan Bread Recipes Dutch Oven Recipes Easy Bread Recipes Cooking Recipes Dutch Oven Bread Cornbread Recipes Jiffy Cornbread Your Dutch oven is for more than stews and roasts. Here are eight delicious bread recipes that bake perfectly in a Dutch oven.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…