Kisir (bulgur wheat salad). Here is a signature salad from the Turkish cuisine. Kisir is made with fine bulgur wheat and green herbs. While light, this super healthy salad is nice and.
This style couscous salad is so easy and tastes amazing. cup Bulgar wheat (Bob's Red Mill Light Bulgur Wheat is good). Turkish Kisir is a classic cold bulgur salad made with fine-grade bulgur—a staple in Turkish cuisine—sweet pepper paste and chopped vegetables. Kısır salad is by far one of the most popular dishes in Turkish cuisine. You can cook Kisir (bulgur wheat salad) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kisir (bulgur wheat salad)
- You need 2 cups of bulgur.
- Prepare 3 cups of salgam suyu (hot turnip juice).
- It’s of juice of 4 lemon.
- You need 2 bunch of green onions.
- You need of Lots of pickled cucumber.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 bunch of chopped dill.
- Prepare 1 bunch of parsley.
- You need 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- You need 1/2 bunch of fresh mint.
Every home cook makes a variation of kısır, and you'll also find it in many. Kisir is firmly a bulgur salad, the herbs playing only a minor role. Which bulgur to use for kisir. If you've been to a Middle Eastern grocer, you've Bulgur is basically parboiled, dried and cracked wheat, preferably durum wheat.
Kisir (bulgur wheat salad) instructions
- Pour boulgur wheat into a pan.
- Add 3 cups of salgam juice.
- Let it boil, after that lower the heat and cover until cooked and no more juice left..
- Here is the bulgur, getting ready.
- Prepare other ingredients, chop them.
- Pour into bulgur, in this point your bulgur is cooked, and cooled down. You turned off the heat..
- Add lemon juice, oil, salt.
- Here it is. After all mixed.
- If you have corn, you would've add too, corns would give great color. I didn't have it, didn't use..
It's common across much of the Middle East and Turkey, where it. Fine bulgur is traditionally used in salads like kisir whereas coarse bulgur is used in pilafs or As as we call it in Antakya. If you can't get the fine bulgur wheat, you can also make this salad with coarse bulgur, widely available in supermarkets. It is a hugely popular speciality and a "welcome salad" in southern Turkey though you might see variations throughout Turkey. Antakya's Kısır is prepared with the region's local pomegranate.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…