Crusty Bread (Dutch Oven).
You can cook Crusty Bread (Dutch Oven) using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crusty Bread (Dutch Oven)
- You need 3 cup of Bread Flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Active Dry Yeast.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 cup of Water, warm.
Crusty Bread (Dutch Oven) step by step
- Whisk flour, yeast and salt in a 3-4 quart bowl with a tight fitting lid. If you don't have a bowl w/lid use plastic wrap on a bowl. Add the water and stir with a wooden spoon, until the dough is well mixed. The dough will be quite stickey and shaggy looking, but that's OK. Cover the bowl and set aside for 12-18 hours, (up to 24 hrs) overnight is fine..
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place a cast iron dutch oven with the lid into the oven while preheating and heat the pot/lid for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, scrape the risen dough from the bowl onto a heavily floured surface. (Dough will still be very sticky). With floured hands, gently shape the dough into a round loaf, making sure there's enough flour on the surface so dough doesn't stick. Let the dough just sit there until you're pot is preheated..
- Take the hot pot from the oven and gently place the dough into the pot. Using kitchen scissors, snip cuts on top of loaf to release steam while baking. Cover with the lid and return to the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid at that time and return the pot to the oven for another 10-15 minutes. Gently shake the loaf onto cooling rack and enjoy the beautiful aroma. Give it a chance to cool before cutting into loaf..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…