Chinese Daikon (Turnip) Cake (蘿蔔糕).
You can cook Chinese Daikon (Turnip) Cake (蘿蔔糕) using 6 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Daikon (Turnip) Cake (蘿蔔糕)
- Prepare 300 grams of Rice Flour (add more if needed).
- Prepare 2 of Daikon.
- It’s 4 of Chinese Sausage*.
- Prepare Handful of Dried Shrimp*.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Granulated white sugar.
Chinese Daikon (Turnip) Cake (蘿蔔糕) instructions
- *If you wish you may substitue some chinese sausage with shiitake mushrooms, and dried scallop. Add according to your own preferences.*.
- Take a handful of dried shrimp and soak it in water.
- Diced all the chinese sausage and dried shrimp.
- Grate the Daikon and strain the water.
- Heat the frying pan and add the diced chinese sausage stir fry till some oil is released then add the dried shrimps. Cook till fragrant..
- Add soy sauce and sugar mixture into the frying pan and coat the chinese sausage and dried shrimp.
- Leaving the oil in the pot/ frying pan add in the shredded daikon. Add in some daikon water to boil the daikon for around 10 mins or until translucent.
- When the daikon is cooked mix in the chinese sausage mixture.
- Then slowly add water and rice flour until it becomes sticky..
- Prepare a pot/wok for steaming.
- Place the sticky mixture into a Glass tray or aluminium tray.
- When the water boils, place the glass tray into the wok and steam for 40mins-1hr.
- Test with a toothpick to see if it gets stuck in the mixture. If it comes out with less effort then it is cooked..
- You can eat it immediately after being steamed with some cilantro and hot oil drizzled over. Or wait a day and pan fry it the next day..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…