Dutch Pea Soup.
You can cook Dutch Pea Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dutch Pea Soup
- Prepare 10 oz of green split peas.
- You need 1/2 of celeriac, pealed and cubed.
- It’s 1 of carrot, pealed and diced.
- You need 14 oz of pork chops.
- Prepare 3 1/2 oz of smoked bacon, cubed.
- You need 7 oz of leaks, sliced.
- You need 8 oz of cooked smoked pork sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of fresh celery leaves, chopped.
- You need 1/2 bunch of parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
Dutch Pea Soup instructions
- Wash the split peas..
- In a large pan, bring 1 1/2 litters water, the peas celeriac, carrot, pork chops and bacon to boil.
- simmer for 1 1/2 hours until the meat is tender..
- add the leaks the last 15 minutes.
- slice the smoked sausage. remove the chops from the soup and take the meat of the bones..
- return the meat to the pan and add the herbs, smoked sausage, salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 10 more minutjes, stirring occasionally.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…