Savory steamed egg custard with shrimp in radish cup. Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of fillings. Let it go through a fine sieve to get rid of the bubbles. Japanese steamed egg custard served in a cup, ingredients include chicken, ginkgo nut, fish cake, shimeji and shiitake mushrooms.
When a steamer is ready, turn off the burner to avoid burning yourself. Gently place the cups in the steamer and Enjoy the various ingredients, shrimp, chicken, shiitake, kamaboko, ginnan and mitsuba along with the savory egg custard. This recipe can be enjoyed either. You can cook Savory steamed egg custard with shrimp in radish cup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Savory steamed egg custard with shrimp in radish cup
- It’s of radish daikon.
- You need of shrimps.
- It’s of shiitake mushroom.
- Prepare of cilantro.
- Prepare of egg.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of ginger.
- You need of water.
- You need of tsuyu sauce (or soy sauce & mirin & dashi).
- Prepare of dashi.
- It’s of cooking wine.
Make this super easy Chinese Steamed Eggs (Savory Egg Custard 蒸水蛋). Silky smooth eggs literally melt in your mouth. Serve over rice to make a quick and easy dinner that the whole family will. Savory steamed egg custard with shrimp in radish cup. radish daikon•shrimps•shiitake mushroom•cilantro•ginger•water•tsuyu sauce (or Pan fried crispy Japanese agedashi tofu.
Savory steamed egg custard with shrimp in radish cup step by step
- Cut off the head and tail of radish, peel off some skins, then hollow it out..
- Mix the egg well with tsuyu, a pinch of salt, dashi and water. Go through the mesh strainer once..
- Follow the "pretreatment of shrimp".
- Cut the shiitake mushroom into slices..
- Put one piece of shiitake mushroom into each radish cup and pour the egg liquid inside. With super low heat, steam for 10-15min..
- Add shrimp on top then steam for another 5-10 min. Add a leaf of cilantro on top..
Regular firm tofu•nori•grated daikon (raddish)•katsuobushi (bonito flakes)•tsuyu•flour•egg•bread crumbs. Steamed egg custard is what I'm partial to eating in times of unease or fatigue. At the end of a trying day, the forgiving dish asks for little — no arduous chopping, stirring or washing. All it takes is a bit of calm whisking, followed by a quiet wait while the dish steams. Let it go through a fine sieve to get rid of the bubbles.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…