My Ploughman's Pickle.
You can cook My Ploughman's Pickle using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Ploughman's Pickle
- You need 275 grams of chantenay carrots.
- You need 275 grams of swede or turnip.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions.
- Prepare 2 of medium dessert apples.
- You need 1 of courgette/zucchini.
- Prepare 100 grams of dates.
- You need 60 grams of prunes.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves crushed.
- Prepare 250 grams of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 500 ml of malt vinegar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground allspice.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 of cloves crushed.
- You need 1 pinch of ground cloves.
My Ploughman's Pickle instructions
- Dice all the veg and fruit into small cubes about 0.5cm. Crush or finely chop garlic..
- Place all ingredients into a large pan and bring slowly to the boil.
- Simmer until carrots and swede are soft. 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- You may need to add a bit of water if too dry.
- Pot into clean sterilized jars. Cover and seal.
- Label and date once cool.
- It takes about one month to mature..
- The last batch I made I replaced courgette by three small cucumbers and instead of prunes I added about 175 grams dates chopped..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…