Pork Stew for Dutch oven or Braiser or "Man Meat Stew".
You can have Pork Stew for Dutch oven or Braiser or "Man Meat Stew" using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork Stew for Dutch oven or Braiser or "Man Meat Stew"
- It’s of Stew.
- It’s 1/4 lb of Thick cut bacon, cut into 1/2 in pieces.
- Prepare 3 lb of Pork butt, cut into 2X3 in pieces.
- Prepare 4 of Bone-in chicken thighs, skin discarded.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 tsp of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of peeled and quartered Cipollini onions.
- You need 1 cup of carrots diced to 1/4 in.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of celery diced to 1/4 in.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of roughly chopped garlic, about 2-3 cloves.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3 cup of low-sodium chicken broth.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried sage.
- You need 4 can of cannellini beans, drained (15 oz).
- You need of garnish.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sherry wine vinigar.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped Italian parsley.
Pork Stew for Dutch oven or Braiser or "Man Meat Stew" step by step
- In a porcelain cast iron Dutch oven or raiser, add bacon and cook until just crisp. Remove from the Dutch oven and set aside on a paper towel lined plate..
- Season the pork and chicken with the salt and pepper. Add pork to the bacon fat and brown on all sides. Remove from Dutch oven and set aside..
- Add chicken to the Dutch oven and brown evenly, then remove and add to the plate with the pork..
- Add the Cipollini onions, carrots and celery into the pot and cook for 3-5 minutes..
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 more minutes..
- Sift in flour and cook for 2 more minutes..
- Add the chicken stock, bay leaves, thyme, and sage and combine well..
- Return the pork, chicken, and bacon pieces to the pot with the vegetables and sauce and cover. Reduce heat and simmer until the meat is fork tender, about 2 hours..
- Add in the beans and cover and simmer for 25 minutes..
- Serve hot with a drizzle of sherry wine vinegar and a sprinkle of parsley..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…