Anko Red Bean Paste in a Rice Cooker.
You can have Anko Red Bean Paste in a Rice Cooker using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Anko Red Bean Paste in a Rice Cooker
- You need 300 grams of Dried adzuki beans.
- Prepare 1 of add water to water level 3 for “white rice" in the rice cooker Water.
- Prepare 90 grams of Beet sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of Rum.
- You need 1 of Water.
Anko Red Bean Paste in a Rice Cooker step by step
- Add the red beans into the inner cooking pan of the rice cooker. Rinse the beans in the pan, add the water to the water level 3 for "white rice", and press start to cook them as you would cook regular white rice (our rice cooker takes 35 minutes to cook white rice)..
- When the cooking is done, move the red beans out of the rice cooker to a large pan. There should not be a lot of water remaining..
- Pour the water up to a little less than where the water covers the red beans (so that the beans look like they're peeking through surface of the water)..
- Turn on the heat, once the water comes to a boil, reduce heat and add the rum. Add the beet sugar in 3 to 4 batches. When the beet sugar is completely dissolved, add the salt..
- When the salt dissolves, turn off the heat. The bean paste should be soft enough to drip from the ladle at this point, but it will harden once it cools..
- You do not need to add the rum, but it will give your anko a richer flavor, and I think it tastes better than the anko I normally make. You hardly smell the rum..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…