"Boerenkool" Dutch kale mash pot.
You can have "Boerenkool" Dutch kale mash pot using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of "Boerenkool" Dutch kale mash pot
- You need 1 kg of potatoes.
- It’s 1 kg of kale.
- Prepare 250 ml of (butter) milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mustard.
- You need 100 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 of white pepper.
- You need 1 of salt.
- You need 2 of bay leave.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 250 grams of bacon bits.
- Prepare 300 grams of smoked sausage.
"Boerenkool" Dutch kale mash pot instructions
- Wash the kale, remove the stalks from the kale leaves and then slice them in thin strips. peel and wash the potatoes as well.
- in a large pot you put the potatoes and cover them with water. add salt and the bay leave. put the kale on top off it, and the sausage again on top of it all. Slowly boil this for 30 minutes..
- On the side you can start with baking the bacon bits and add the onion after slicing and dicing it in chunks..
- After 30 minutes remove the sausage and the bay leaves from your big pot and drain the water. Now add butter, mustard and start mashing the kale and potatoes. Add buttermilk or regular milk. be wary to not make the entire mixture too fluid, you want to be able to smoothly stir it all. Add a pinch if two off white pepper and, if needed, additional salt. Un the end stir in the baconbits and onion and you're done..
- Serve with the sausage. as serving suggestion you cab sprinkle some vinegar on top for personal taste.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…