Tofu Soboro (Stir-fried Crumbles).
You can cook Tofu Soboro (Stir-fried Crumbles) using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu Soboro (Stir-fried Crumbles)
- You need 300 grams of Firm tofu (or grilled tofu).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ginger, finely shredded or finely chopped.
- You need 5 grams of Bonito flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 1 tsp of Beet sugar or raw cane sugar.
Tofu Soboro (Stir-fried Crumbles) step by step
- Wrap the tofu in paper towels, and microwave at 600 W for 2.5 minutes..
- While the tofu is in the microwave, finely julienne or chop up the ginger. (1 tablespoon is just a guideline. Adjust the amount to taste. I like to use lots!).
- When you microwave the tofu, a lot of water will come out of as shown here. Press down on it with a flat plate or a plastic storage container to drain off the water. (The tofu is hot so be careful!).
- Once the water has drained from the tofu, the tofu should have shrunk to half its original thickness..
- Tear the well drained tofu into a frying pan (don't put any oil) with your hands..
- Turn the heat on low, and mash the tofu with a wooden spatula. When it has become fine and crumbly, add the rest of the ingredients..
- Turn the heat up to high, and mix the ingredients together while letting the moisture evaporate. When almost all the moisture is gone and the mixture starts to make crackling sounds, it's done!.
- Here's a healthy 3-color soboro using this tofu soboro..
- If you cook off the moisture properly, it won't clump up if you store it in the refrigerator and will remain crumbly..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…