Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot.
You can have Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 250 grams of red or green lentils.
- Prepare 5 medium of russet or yellow potatoes, boiled and sliced.
- You need 12 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 large of white onion.
- You need 2 medium of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 6 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 1 medium of leek.
- You need 4 large of red or serrano chili peppers, with seeds.
- You need 1 large tin of diced tomatoes (3 cups).
- You need 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 small tin of tomato paste.
- You need 250 ml of vegetable stock (1-1.5 cups).
- It’s 1 tsp of vegemite.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 large of turnips, boiled and chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of salt (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of red or white wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garam masala.
Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot step by step
- Rinse lentils and dump into boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place potatoes and turnips (peeling optional) in cold water and slowly bring to boil, boiling gently for 30 minutes. Let cool before chopping the turnips and slicing the potatoes..
- Melt butter in an oven safe dish on the stove (or prepare casserole dish for oven transfer later) over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery, leeks and chili peppers until slightly sweated.
- Once slightly sweated, add all spices EXCEPT the paprika and work into the dish, allowing for the spices to infuse the veggies..
- Once the ingredients start sticking slightly to the bottom of the pan, splash in the cup of wine to deglaze and allow to cook until the alcohol burns off..
- Add the diced tomatoes, vegemite, tomato paste and worcestershire sauce to the pot. Cover until boiling, then lower heat to low and preheat the oven to 350°F..
- Cook low and slow on the stove for 30 minutes before adding the turnips and lentils. Stir around and add the vegetable stock.
- Either dump the contents into an ovensafe dish or in the same pot, neatly arrange the sliced potatoes over the top, slightly overlapping each potato in a concentric circle..
- If necessary, add a bit more vegetable stock until it is just below the level of the potatoes. Now sprinkle the potatoes with the paprika and pop into the preheated oven for 60 minutes..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…