Dutch Oven Beef Stew.
You can cook Dutch Oven Beef Stew using 13 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dutch Oven Beef Stew
- You need 3 lb of Beef Chuck Roast Cut Into 1 1/2 inch Cubes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 2 medium of Sweet Yellow Onions Chopped.
- You need 3 clove of Fresh Garlic Minced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Flower.
- Prepare 1 cup of Red Wine.
- You need 2 cup of Chicken Stock.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 1 lb of Carrots Cut Into 1/4 inch Slices.
- You need 1/4 cup of Fresh Minced Parsley.
- It’s 1 cup of Frozen Peas (thawed).
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Medium Red Potatoes Cut Into 1 inch Cubes.
Dutch Oven Beef Stew step by step
- Position oven rack to the lower middle level of the oven..
- Preheat oven to 300°F..
- Dry off the beef cuts and season them with salt and pepper..
- In large oven safe Dutch Oven heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. (about 2 minutes).
- Add just enough meat to the pot so that the bottom is covered but the meat cuts are not overlapping..
- Cook without rotating the meat until browned. (2-3 minutes).
- Flip the cuts of meat allowing the other side to brown. (about 5 more minutes).
- Place the cooked beef into a bowl and set aside. Repeat cooking the remaining cuts of beef..
- After remaining cuts of beef are browned transfer them into the bowl with the other cooked cuts..
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the last of the olive oil coating the empty Dutch Oven. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and onions to the pot..
- Stirring frequently scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon, until onions are softened. (4-5 minutes).
- Add in garlic, cook for 30 seconds..
- Stir in flower and cook until lightly colored. (1-2 minutes).
- Still scraping and stirring vigorously, stir in the red wine and continue to reduce until liquid is thick..
- Gradually stir in the stock while desolving the flower..
- Add in bay leaves and thyme, bring to a simmer..
- Add in meat and return to a simmer. Cover and place pot in the oven for about 1 hour..
- Take the Dutch Oven out and add in the potatoes and carrots..
- Cover and return the pot to the oven, cook until the meat is tender. (about 1 hour).
- Take put out of the oven, add in the peas and parsley. Let set for 5 minutes, take out the bay leaves..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…