Dutch Oven Cherry Clafouti. Pour the batter over the cherries. Spread cherries over bottom of Dutch oven. In a bowl, whisk and sugar together until they are frothy.
If you love German pancakes, Dutch baby. This recipe for cherry clafoutis is one of the easiest French desserts you can ever make, simply perfect for cherry season and is absolutely amazing. This sweet Cherry Clafoutis is like a cross between flan and cake, lightly flavored with a tablespoon of amaretto liqueur. You can cook Dutch Oven Cherry Clafouti using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dutch Oven Cherry Clafouti
- You need 12 oz of fresh or frozen sweet cherries.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of butter for dutch oven.
Spread out cherries in an even layer in bottom of pan. In a blender, add eggs and sugar and blend until frothy. And now it's on to Cherry Clafouti. This recipe has been on my list, and Dad's, for years.
Dutch Oven Cherry Clafouti instructions
- Butter the bottom and sides of 5 quart Dutch oven.
- Spread cherries over bottom of Dutch oven..
- In a bowl, whisk and sugar together until they are frothy..
- Add the milk, vanilla, and flour and whisk until batter is smooth..
- Pour batter over cherries..
- Place 20 to 25 coals on top of Dutch oven. 400°F..
- Cook 25 minutes or until golden on top..
- Let stand for half hour. Dust with powered sugar..
With the bounty of amazing cherries calling my name in the The hardest part is pitting the cherries, and that's not something I've ever really minded doing. I baked it in a pie pan instead of a dutch oven. If you've never made cherry clafoutis before, this will be a treat for you. A real one-bowl show-off, and get this, if you're going for tradition-and oh, you will once you learn how much easier it will make your life-you leave the pits in. Larousse Gastronomique and other traditionalists insist that the pits impart a.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…