Cheesy Hashbrown potato cakes.
You can have Cheesy Hashbrown potato cakes using 15 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Hashbrown potato cakes
- It’s of potato cakes:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of raw potato.
- You need 1/2 of of a turnip.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried parsely (heaping).
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of dried onion flakes.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of jarred minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour (or more).
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese (see note at bottom).
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
- You need of garnish:.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of dried parley.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper ( if needed).
Cheesy Hashbrown potato cakes step by step
- Wash then Shred potatoes and turnip into a large bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Then drain out excess liquid. Do not squeeze the liquid out…. NOTE*( i used purple and red potatoes but any potato will be fine. Leave skins on).
- Hand toss in cheese… NOTE* ( any kind of shredded cheese you love, i used colby jack, also perfect with cheddar!).
- In a seperate bowl wisk together egg, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and onion flakes..
- Mix egg mix with shredded potato mix. Use your hands and thourally mix well and really squish it in there! Let stand a few minutes then drain out excess liquid again. (Do not squeeze it out).
- Mix in flour with hands, just keep tossing it around. It should get very sticky. If to wet to form a patty add more flour. They should be able to form wet loose but stable patties..
- Heat skillet with enough oil to cover half the patties..
- Form patties into burger sized patties. (If your hands are pat dry wet it helps to form them better to not stick to hands as much.).
- Slowly and gently slide the potato cake into hot grease..
- Fry until deep golden brown. Then flip over and do other side. (If grease is too hot it will finish browning before the inside is cooked through if not hot enough you will have soggy falling apart cakes).
- Transfer to a paper towel to drain grease for just a few seconds..
- Transfer to a serving dish..
- Top with a sprinkling of salt and pepper (if needed).
- Top with a sprinkling of shredded cheese..
- Then top with a sprinkling of parsley..
- Let stand 1 minute (this is to let cheese melt on its own).
- Repeat as necessary until out of potato mix..
- Now serve! And enjoy! :).
- Makes about 10-12 potato cakes.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…