Dutch baby/ German pancake.
You can have Dutch baby/ German pancake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dutch baby/ German pancake
- Prepare 2/3 cup of flour.
- You need 2/3 cup of milk.
- You need 2 of egg.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare Dash of vanilla (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
Dutch baby/ German pancake step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with a #7 cast iron skillet. Rule of thumb if you make a big batch. When pouring into skillet cover the entire bottom of the skillet and a little more. If you dont have enough batter the pancake will be lighter or not grow up the sides. If you add too much batter it will grow pretty high up the side and the bottom will be a little thicker. Its better to be heavy on the batter..
- Combine ingredients in a large measuring cup and mix until all blended..
- Pull preheated pan out of oven and drop the butter in hot pan. Move the butter around until all melted. Pour batter in pan and return to oven..
- Cook for 20 or so minutes until the Dutch baby rises and starts to brown..
- Once down it should look like pic. Dust with powder sugar and add what ever toppings you like fresh fruit. Add syrup over pancake..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…