Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken with wild rice.
You can have Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken with wild rice using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken with wild rice
- You need 1 of whole chicken.
- Prepare 1 cup of wild rice.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1-1.5 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of boulion cube.
- It’s 2 tsp of -Garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of – onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of – Adobe season.
- Prepare 1 tsp of – season salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of – pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of – rosemary.
Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken with wild rice instructions
- Rinse at pat dry chicken. Set aside. Ok to brine chicken 24 hours prior. 1/4 cup salt, garlic powder, adobe season. Dissolve salt in 4 cups water. Increase liquid add season of choice add citrus or fruit juice as well. Fully cover chicken with brine..
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in dutch oven, on med high heat add wild rice and sautee for 2 min. Add water and boulion. Bring to low boil.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter and coat chicken with butter. And coat with dry rub. Put chicken in dutch oven into rice mixture..
- Cover and remove from stove heat and put in oven at 325F. Cook for 1.5 – 2 hours. Rice should be done and liquidy thick. Chicken, leg thigh should pull off easy..
- Optional… Rice may also be separated from dutch oven at this point. And chicken put back in oven turn up to 350 F coat with additional rub if desired. Cook uncovered 30 more minutes to get skin more textured. Enjoy wirh favorite of veggies.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…