You can cook Sig's Rumbledethumps using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Rumbledethumps
- It’s of for Rumbledethumps.
- You need 700 grams of peeled and quartered medium sized potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of a swede (yellow turnip) chopped into small chunks,.
- Prepare 1/4 of savoy or cabbage of choice , shredded finely.
- It’s 50 grams of butter.
- It’s of vegetarian or meat extra filling.
- You need 500 grams of vegetarian or meat minced (ground) of choice or shredded leftover meat.
- You need 1 of onion ,finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 of or 2 tablespoon of flour for dusting to thicken mixture.
- You need 1 of vegetable or beef stock cube.
- It’s 75 grams of Cheddar or other strong cheese, grated..
Sig's Rumbledethumps instructions
- preheat oven to 170C/gas 4.
- Prepare your potatoes, swede(turnip) and cabbage..
- boil the potatoes and the swede together in a pot of salted water for about 15 minutes . Add the cabbage and boil for another 5 minutes. Drain well,add the butter and break up the potatoe with a fork..
- In the meantime dry-fry mince and onion until the mince is browned and onion has slightly softened.
- Add Worcestersauce ,tomato puree and flour stir well . Use between 250-350 ml of water adding to mince to consistency you prefer, stir well until it has thickened..
- pour the mixture into a heatproof dish , level out .Add the potato and cabbage mix over the top..
- Scatter with grated strong cheese.. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling..
- Rumbledethumps is wonderful on its own ,without the mince, just double the ingredients for it and do not add mince..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…