Lamb Shanks Stew.
You can cook Lamb Shanks Stew using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lamb Shanks Stew
- Prepare 2 3/4 kg of lamb shanks, around 8 pieces.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 5 cups of onions, chopped.
- It’s 4 cups of beef stock.
- Prepare 2 of Almaza Malt, 33 cl bottles.
- Prepare 4 of carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- It’s 2 of large potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- It’s 2 of turnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces.
Lamb Shanks Stew step by step
- Heat 6 tablespoons vegetable oil in heavy large pan over high heat..
- Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper. Coat lamb with flour; shake off excess. Reserve excess flour..
- Add lamb to the pan in batches and brown well. Using tongs, transfer lamb to bowl. Reduce heat to medium. Add 5 cups chopped onions to the pan and sauté until transluscent, scraping up any browned bits, about 5 minutes..
- Add tomato paste with reserved flour and stir 1 minute..
- Return lamb shanks and any accumulated juices to the pan . Add beef stock and Beer . Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until meat is almost tender, about 1 hour..
- Add carrots, potato and rutabagas to the pan and simmer covered until meat and vegetables are tender and stew thickens slightly, about 40 minutes. Spoon fat from surface of stew..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…