Garlicky mashed turnips. Summary Using a potato masher, mash the turnips and garlic together. Stir in the butter, horseradish, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and mix well. A healthy side dish alternative to mashed potatoes, this garlic mashed turnips recipe will be a surprise hit at the dinner table!
These Creamy Keto Herb Garlic and Onion Mashed Turnips with Smoked Gouda are a wonderfully simple low carb substitute for mashed potatoes. While the garlic is roasting, place quartered turnips into a pot and cover with water. Peel, chop and mash some turnips to make these delicious Garlic Mashed Turnips! You can have Garlicky mashed turnips using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Garlicky mashed turnips
- Prepare 3 of # turnips, peeled, cut into 1 1/4" chunks.
- You need 2 of whole garlic cloves, peeled.
- Prepare 6 T of butter, cut into pieces.
- You need 1 of scallion, sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of fresh thyme, chopped.
- It’s 1 T of fresh parsley, chopped.
- It’s of Olive oil.
Mashed turnips are a great alternative to mashed potatoes, and are ideal paired with Because turnips don't have the same level of starch as potatoes, you don't have to worry. Learn how to make Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Turnips. These Garlic Mashed Turnips go a long way and are the perfect vehicle for getting picky eaters to like vegetables. As an added bonus, they have all these little nooks and.
Garlicky mashed turnips instructions
- In a large pot, combine turnips and garlic cloves with enough water to cover by 2". Over high heat, bring to a boil; cook til tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain well..
- Return to the pot. Add butter, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; mash until smooth. Stir in the thyme. Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with scallion, parsley and, if desired, olive oil..
Homemade roasted garlic comes together with mashed turnips to create an awesomely delicious recipe! This dish is easy enough to serve for everyday meals. Demonstration video from Gundersen Lutheran's Nutrition Therapy. For the recipe and nutrition information, visit gundluth.org/nutrition and click on. These turnips sound like a wonderful substitute for mashed potatoes when eating a healthier diet.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…