You can cook Turnip Crisp using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turnip Crisp
- It’s of Base.
- Prepare 1 medium of Turnip /rutabega (Cooked & mashed).
- It’s 4 medium of apples (peeled & sliced).
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar, white.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare of Top Crust.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar, brown.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter (1/8-1/4 cup).
Turnip Crisp step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix White sugar and cinnamon; dip apples in mixture..
- Divide turnip and apples in half. In large casserole dish alternate layers of turnip, followed by apples..
- In large casserole dish alternate layers of turnip, followed by apples..
- Top Crust: Mix brown sugar, flour and butter. Spread evenly over apples..
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Make sure apples are baked..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…