TURNIPS AND APPLES. Arrange turnip and apple slices in greased casserole in alternate layers beginning and ending with turnips. Combine crust ingredients to a crumbly texture and pat on top of casserole. Braising turnips transforms them into translucent, buttery, tender morsels.
This version, with the ivory turnips, golden apple, and pink ham nestled among the dark greens, is especially pretty. Braised Turnip Greens With Turnips and Apples. Sorta seems an unsexy, if unlikely, duo. You can have TURNIPS AND APPLES using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of TURNIPS AND APPLES
- You need 1 of turnip cubed.
- It’s 2 of apples quartered.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of pepper.
- You need 1 dash of nutmeg.
Put turnip into saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook until tender. Put apple into a saucepan, add water and simmer until tender. Potatoes complement the turnips, while apples mix in a pop of sweetness. This Turnip Apple Casserole is a delicious mixture of apples, turnips, brown sugar and butter.
TURNIPS AND APPLES instructions
- Put turnip into saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook until tender. Drain and keep hot..
- Put apple into a saucepan, add water and simmer until tender.
- Add apples to turnips, add sugar and butter and mash until smooth, add salt & pepper to taste, add nutmeg.
- Beat well and beat until fluffy.
It makes a fabulous side dish for holiday dinners. Turnips are often maligned for their flavor; which can be bitter if the turnip is too large. Here, we cook very small, young turnips with sweet apples for an especially appetizing side dish that goes well with. Braised Turnips and Apples with Bacon. Ingredients In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and lightly stir turnips until coated.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…