Afghan Pickles [Awri].
You can cook Afghan Pickles [Awri] using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Afghan Pickles [Awri]
- It’s of Boiled cooled water.
- Prepare of Spices:.
- Prepare 2-4 tbsp of Mustard seed powder.
- It’s 5-6 of Garlic [grated].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of vegetables of your choice: [cut in 1-2 thick finger size].
- Prepare of Cauliflower.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- Prepare of Aubergine.
- Prepare of Turnip.
Afghan Pickles [Awri] instructions
- Boil the vegetables for 2-3 mins each except the aubergine boil it for a minute only.
- Let the vegetables cool down.
- Place a portion of the vegetables in an airtight container.
- Add in 1-2 tbsp mustard seed powder and 1tbsp salt.
- Then add in another portion of some vegetables and add 1 tbsp extra mustard seed and salt.
- Fill the jar with water and add in the garlic and red pepper powder.
- Cover with a lid and leave in room temperature for 4-7 days till its ready then refrigerate for another 2-3 days.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…