You can have Minestrone Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Minestrone Soup
- It’s 2 TBSP of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of fresh rosemary sprig.
- It’s 1 cup of cauliflower, chopped (or turnip).
- Prepare 28 oz of beef broth.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- You need 2 TBSP of fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 14 oz of tomatoes, diced (canned or fresh).
- Prepare 3 oz of pancetta, thin-sliced & chopped.
- Prepare 15 oz of cannellini beans, canned, drained, rinsed.
- You need 1 lb of swiss chard, leaves-only, coarsely chopped.
Minestrone Soup instructions
- Heat oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, pancetta, and garlic..
- Add the swiss chard and cauliflower (or turnip); saute for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and rosemary sprig. Simmer until the chard is wilted and the tomatoes break down, about 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, blend 3/4 cup of the beans with 1/2 cup of the broth in a blender until almost smooth. Pureed bean mixture and remaining broth, to the vegetable mixture..
- Simmer until the cauliflower (or turnip) pieces are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes..
- Stir in the whole beans and parsley. Simmer until the beans are heated through and the soup is thick, about 2 minutes. Discard rosemary sprig. Season with salt and pepper, to taste..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…