You can cook Oxtail Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oxtail Soup
- Prepare 500 g of oxtail.
- It’s 500 g of stewing beef.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of brandy/sherry/port wine.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
- You need 1 of bay leaf, half teaspoon thyme, three cloves, two bay leaves, and fresh parsley (in cheesecloth).
- It’s 2 of large potatoes cubed.
- Prepare 3 cubes of beef cubes (mixed in with the water).
- It’s 1 of parsnip sliced.
- It’s 1 of turnip sliced.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks diced.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 1 of small can Tomato paste.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 2 ounces of mushrooms.
Oxtail Soup instructions
- Trim the fat of the oxtails and dredge in a half a cup of flour stop brown the oxtails over high heat, remove and drain on paper towels..
- Over moderate heat brown the onions, parsnip, turnip, and celery. Then add 2 tablespoons flour and mix well.
- Dissolve beef cubes in water.
- Slowly add water, stir in tomato paste, salt, and pepper, also bay leaf in cheesecloth with time, clothes, and parsley. Return oxtail two-part, cover and simmer for three hours (add potatoes after two hours) until meat is fork tender. Called and skim off fat (this is easier with the spoon dipped into cold water) remove cheesecloth bag.
- Separate meat from bones, cut into bite-size pieces, and return to part along with the carrots and celery.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until carrots are tender, mixing sherry/brandy/port wine.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…