Sheree's Southern Braised Chicken.
You can cook Sheree's Southern Braised Chicken using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sheree's Southern Braised Chicken
- You need 5 large of chicken thighs (i use thigh because they give great broth and flavor).
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 large of potatoes diced (i like red, Idaho, or russet).
- Prepare 2 large of stalks of celery, diced…. COARSE CHUNKS.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 small of bell pepper, in coarse cuts.
- Prepare 1 of ***** u can use other root veggie like turnip or rutabaga.
- You need 4 large of carrots, coarse chunks or use baby carrots!.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil (for cooking).
- It’s 2 tsp of oil added to mixing bowl allows seasoning to stick.
- It’s of flavor bundle.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of rosemary, dried.
Sheree's Southern Braised Chicken step by step
- make a spice bundle with either cheese cloth or a nylon stocking…. the mesh should be very tight.. set aside….
- take your chicken thighs or even legs…. IF U ARE USING A WHOLE CHICKEN I SUGGEST IT BE CUT INTO PIECES.
- DEBONE YOUR CHICKEN THIGHS AND REMOVE SKIN.
- place chicken and veggies in a mixing bowl with the 2 T of oil,,,,.
- sprinkle them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika…. and mix seasonings over chicken and veggies by hand and really rub seasoning in…
- I use my heavy bottom dutch oven or cast iron dutch oven.. put a little oil in the pan and allow to get hot…. flick a little flour in it to see if it sizzles..,.
- dredge only chicken pieces in flour..,, shake them so that loose flour falls off..,,fry the thighs until they are brown, THEY ARE NOT DONE!!!! remove from pan and place on a non-porous surface. let sit……
- pour out oil in pan should just be a little in the bottom…,add celery, onion and bell pepper (can use red and yellow which are sweeter) scrape up any bits…turn pan to med and stir until semi sift…. about 4-6 minutes. put chicken and juices back in pot… and 3 cups chicken broth… ADD SPICE BUNDLE….. and let cool for 20 min take lid off and cook for another 5-7 minutes,., just until liquid is gone..
- if u want to use 2 1/4 cup broth and 1/4 cup white wine like Chardonnay..
- **** TASTE BROTH TO SEE IF U NEED MORE SEASONING. remove bundle and discard…,.
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…