Oxtail Soup 2.
You can cook Oxtail Soup 2 using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oxtail Soup 2
- You need 650 grams of oxtail.
- You need 1 of beef stock gel.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 of onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of turnip, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 3 of vine tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped.
- It’s 850 ml of boiled water.
Oxtail Soup 2 step by step
- pre-heat the oven to 190°c / 170°c fan..
- in an oven proof pot, heat 2tbsp of veg oil, brown the oxtail..
- remove the oxtail. in the pot brown the onion, then add all the veg and puree. add salt and pepper to season..
- with some of the boiled water, deglaze the pot. add back the meat and pour in enough water to cover everything..
- bring to boil and then put in the oven for 1hour..
- stir the broth and then add the stock gel. return to the oven for 1.5hours. remember to check and top up water if needed, but allow reduction to half of where you started..
- remove the pot from the oven.
- remove the meat from the pot. remove the meat of the bone and put in a food processor. add all the veg to the processor and some of the liquid. add some salt and pepper to taste..
- blend the ingredients, add some more of the liquid and repeat. continue until all the cooking liquid is used..
- at this stage you can freeze this safely for up to a month if you wish..
- to serve – pour into a saucepan and heat gently till piping hot, do not boil. serve..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…