Roasted Root Vegetable Soup.
You can cook Roasted Root Vegetable Soup using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Root Vegetable Soup
- It’s 3 of to 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 small of butternut squash, seeded & cubed.
- It’s 2 large of sweet carrots, peeled & cut in cubes.
- You need 2 large of parsnip, peeled & cut in chunks.
- Prepare 1 small of turnip, peeled & cut in chunks.
- It’s 1 large of cooking onion, peeled & cut into rings.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic, top cut off, loose skins removed.
- It’s 1 medium of rutabaga, peeled and cut in chunks.
- Prepare 4 small of red potatoes, scrubbed & cut in chunks.
- It’s 1 large of sweet potato, peeled & cut in chunks.
- It’s 1 of sea salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of parchment paper.
- It’s 8 cup of low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 of several fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of freshly chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1 tsp of crumbled dried thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of rosemary, fresh if possible.
Roasted Root Vegetable Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F..
- Pour 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in bottom of a roasting pan..
- Place all vegetables in the roasting pan and coat with a light misting of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Toss bay leaves on top. Cover with a layer of parchment for the first 30 minutes of roasting. Then remove parchment and let roast for another 30 minutes. Mix occasionally for even roasting..
- Remove from oven and dispose of all blak bits and bay leaves. Squeeze garlic out of its skins..
- Puree in batches. Use the stock to help the process along; adding a cup of stock will make the bending easier..
- Place all pureed vegetables in large soup pan or Dutch oven and set over low heat on the stove..
- Add remaining stock (if any), basil, cilantro, thyme and rosemary..
- Bring soup to gentle simmer and adjust seasonings, If you find the soup too thick, simply add more stock and reheat..
- Serve in heated bowls with a sprig of rosemary or chives on each bowl for garnish..
I Love to Cooking and I am the chef of Champion Restaurant…