Revithia aka Greek Chickpea Stew (vegan).
You can cook Revithia aka Greek Chickpea Stew (vegan) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Revithia aka Greek Chickpea Stew (vegan)
- It’s of chickpeas (standard can is 15oz/425g).
- Prepare of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- You need of carrots, roughly chopped.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need of dried herbs (recommend combination of thyme, oregano, marjoram).
- It’s of – 3 heaping tbsp miso paste, or substitute any broth for half of the water.
- You need of Juice of 2 lemons or ~1/3 c lemon juice.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Optional: dill for garnish, bread for dipping.
Revithia aka Greek Chickpea Stew (vegan) step by step
- In a large heavy-bottom pot on medium heat, sauté the onion and carrots with a light dash of olive oil until the onions are translucent, ~8 – 10 minutes. Add the garlic and herbs and combine. Then add the chickpeas, miso or broth, and enough water to cover the beans..
- Reduce to medium-low heat, something between a boil and gentle simmer, and cook with the lid ajar for 30 minutes. At that point, season with salt and pepper, and add the zest of the two lemons..
- In a blender add ~1 ½ cups of the beans mixture from the pot, plus ~5 counts of olive oil (which is ~1/3 cup), and the lemon juice. Blend until smooth and then reincorporate the blended mixture into the pot of cooked beans. Simmer on medium-low for another 20 minutes. The soup will thicken as it cools..
- Serve with lemon wedges and a nice piece of bread..
Welcome to sindu.web.id! Enjoy reading