You can cook Vegan malfoof using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan malfoof
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 2 cups of rice (raw).
- You need 1 can of chickpeas.
- You need 2 of tomatoes; chopped.
- Prepare 1 bunch of parsley, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh mint; chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of 7 spice (optional).
- Prepare 2 of lemons (the juice).
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of For the malfoof and cooking.
- It’s 1 of large cabbage.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 3 of lemons (juice).
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Vegan malfoof instructions
- Put the whole cabbage in boiling water for ~5 minutes to soften the leaves..
- Meanwhile, mix all of the ingredients of the filling (if you want to use meat, you can add here ground lamb or beef meat instead of the chickpeas).
- When the cabbage leaves are soft, separate them one by one and remove the hard stem with a knife. Dry them as much as possible..
- Add 2 tbsp of the filling on top of the cabbage leave, fold the sides inwards and then roll them..
- Put the malfoof in a large pot.
- Disolve the tomato paste, lemon juice, additional oil and salt in ~4 cups of water and add it to the pot until they cover all the malfoof.
- Put a heavy dish on top of the malfoof to maintain them pressed; cover and bring them a boil. Then decrease the heat and simmer them for 45 minutes or until the cabbage and rice are cooked and the water has evaporated..
Welcome to sindu.web.id! Enjoy reading